1752323 Members
5500 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL360p G8 fan running 40% speed

tux1431
Occasional Contributor

DL360p G8 fan running 40% speed

We have 50 DL360p G8 server and i noticed FAN speed on ILO showing 40%  but same time i have other DL360p G8 they have FAN speed 23% 

I have upgraded all firmware with latest version but issue is still same, also I have changed BIOS setting to "Optimal Cooling" but still its running 40% speed and little noisy too. 

These servers are not in production so there is no load on CPU too and also i compare temp and its normal and compare with other one which is running 23% and all looks good. 

22 REPLIES 22
FabioC1
HPE Pro

Hi , tux1431  

Please provie the ILO version please, and verfify in ILO if have some FAN failed.

Verify if have some part PCI installed too.

FabioC1 - HPE Pro

Accept or Kudo

Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

Hi,

Check if there is an overheating hard drive?

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo

tux1431
Occasional Contributor

We are running 2.55 ILO version, We don't have any BAD fan, We have 2x10G NIC 530FLR  and Quad 4x1G NC364T NIC on raiser board (PCI)

Find attached screenshot. 

tux1431
Occasional Contributor

We do have SSD drivers 2x250G  in RAID1 and controller is i420p, find attached screenshot of temp. 

rajatmitra
HPE Pro

Hi Tux1431,

The screenshots look ok. It seems that HPE Support would need to analyze the AHS log to find the sensor information and isloate which sensor might be triggering the fan speed to go high. Request you to contact HPE Support to log a ticket for it.

I am HPE Employee

Best regards,
Rajat

I work for HPE. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

Accept or Kudo

smokin901
HPE Pro

Please share screenshot from server where Fan's are running at 23% speed.

Do they have identical configuration

what is the OS on both the servers.

I am an HPE Employee
The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company

Accept or Kudo

tux1431
Occasional Contributor

Both Servers are identical and running CentOS 7.3 but they have little different CPU one is 2.2GHz and other one 2.4GHz, Both has same ILO firmware and BIOS firmware etc.

smokin901
HPE Pro

Processor with higher clock speed will generate more heat hence Fans would run faster. however if FANs in server with 2.2Ghz CPU is running at 40% I would suggest to log ticket with HPE support and get AHS logs checked.

I am an HPE Employee
The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company

Accept or Kudo

ChrisKolti
Advisor

Hi have anyone have fixed the issue with the Fans so far, i have also a DL360 G8 and the fans running at 40 % and i am not sure what could be the issue. I have also a DL380G8 and you do not hear the fans at all. Both have the same CPUs (10C E5-2650L v2 1.7 Ghz), please if anyone have an idea just let me know, also in the DL360 is just a SD card in for booting and no harddrives.

Thanks

Chris