1753261 Members
5095 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL360p Gen8 / Fans / Heat

Newmar
Occasional Advisor

DL360p Gen8 / Fans / Heat

We just got (2) 1U servers in, and the fans in the servers are ramping up on their own (which is good). When I go into iLO there is one area sensor 38 ( I think ) which is the Array Controller that is just WAY up there compared to the rest of the server. The general temp of the server is 38C, and the array controller is 78C (which oddly enough is still within spec). Everything is green across the board, but this is just mildly concerning as there is no load on the servers as they are just idle being configured right now.The server room is a beautiful 68F degrees.

There is a problem with the onboard NICS the 331FLR's. They are absolute junk, I wish they would not have put those in there and used the NC365T NICs instead, but that's another story. HP is replacing them right now, but with another round of the 331FLR.

7 REPLIES 7
Jeroen_Kleen
HPE Pro

Hi, I would suggest to flash the P220i fw to revision 3.42 if it is not already this version? And then see what happens.
I could not find this back in our database as an issue that we have seen before as reported by HP customers.
This URL might help you: www.hp.com/support/dl360pGen8 
Cheers, jeroen

(I am an HPE employee)
Newmar
Occasional Advisor

It's a P420i and it's on 3.42

I just did a SSP or PSS or whatever the new PSP version is of the HPSUM firmware updater program. Everything is as up to date as can be.

Abhishek Bangalore
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

In order to further check on this case we require few details like version of the SPP installed. The firmware version of the ILO.

If, possible please provide us the ADU report and the HPS in order to check what is the cause of the issue.

Thanks

Abhishek Sharma

Help other's for Better Tomorrow

I am an HP Employee
Newmar
Occasional Advisor

SPPMDSLWIN2013020.2013_0205.8

iLO FW: 1.20

Let me know if there is anything else you need.

gsb_2
Regular Advisor

I have 4 DL360 Gen8 servers and that one sensor is about 65c to 80c on all of them.

I haven't noticed any problem with the network cards, what is the issue you are having?

gsb_2
Regular Advisor

By the way, if you haven't seen the new 3D temperature graph in ILO check it out.  It comes on ILO 4 version 1.20

Newmar
Occasional Advisor

Those 2 temps are just screaming high for an ambient temp of 66F.

Sensor 31 (172F) & 35 (154F)

360p_temps.png