Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL360p Gen8 server and Ilo 4 Trial license - license not being kept

nealgs
Occasional Advisor

DL360p Gen8 server and Ilo 4 Trial license - license not being kept

Hi All,

Having problems with the above server and ILO 4 board not keeping the Advanced Trial license.  Installing license no problems, it keeps it for a while e.g. installed it yesterday and used ILo access for most of yesterday setting up the server, came in this morning and ILO is coming up saying "An iLO Advanced License is required for continued use after server startup"

iLO firmware has been upgraded to current 1.22

This is really annoying, have had trial license for appx 3 days, and it's been doing this all the time.  Checking iLO Licencing via Administration option shows iLO 4 Advanced License - Not installed.

If there a fix for this?  does the Trial license have to be re-applied after every reboot of the server or something?

This is driving me mad and really doesn't help you Trial the iLO when working like this - you can only remote in for appx 30 secs before the above message is displayed.

Any help greatly appreciated

rgds

Gary

4 REPLIES
nealgs
Occasional Advisor

Re: DL360p Gen8 server and Ilo 4 Trial license - license not being kept

as an update to this, i've replaced the firmware 1.22 with version 1.10 which at this point seems to of fixed the issue with the Advanced license reverting back to Standard.

I've rebooted the server to see if the license stays after a hard reset, and according the iLO software the Advanced License is still installed.

So, has something been done with the later firmware releases that prevents the Trial license from staying active?

Gary

GregDIckinson
Occasional Visitor

I'm having the same problem... can you share where you got the older firmware?  I'd like to try that before attempting to contact HP support.

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

iLO4 v1.30 has a fix for an issue where trial licenses could expire prematurely.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-Remote-Lights-Out-Mgmt-iLO/iLO-4-firmware-version-1-30-released/td-p/6149611#.UiolyMafhwQ

Yes, I must admit that it affects me as well.

Thanks for the post, but somehow

ERROR Cache Access Denied

While trying to retrieve the URL: fxtp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-windows-fw-ilo/p1401725332/v80806

The following error was encountered:

• Cache Access Denied.

Sorry, you are not currently allowed to request:

fxtp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-windows-fw-ilo/p1401725332/v80806

from this cache until you have authenticated yourself.

You need to use Netscape version 2.0 or greater, or Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0, or an HTTP/1.1 compliant browser for this to work. Please contact the cache administrator if you have difficulties authenticating yourself or change your default password.

Generated Mon, 05 May 2014 00:24:07 GMT by ClientSiteProxy (squid/2.7.STABLE4)