4766 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

DL360p Gen8 won't boot

Big_John
Occasional Visitor

DL360p Gen8 won't boot

Hello,

I have issue with booting DL360p gen8. Front led is blinking red and display cpu led lights. iLO is showing bios/hardware health failed. In overview tab is missing SN, ROM information. IML log is cleare. In diagnostic tab is HOST ROM green, but ACTIVE and BACKUP rom have "record not found" note. AHS parse failed on "File was not able to be processed as SMBIOS type 0 records are not found.". I tried to upgrade iLO FW with success. Then I upgrade via iLO "Online ROM Flash Component" extracted from WINDOWS exe file, it run without any issue. I am not able to acces boot order menu in iLO, system did not boot from USB so I tried "System ROMPaq Firmware Upgrade" via iLO and extracted file from exe, it run without any issue. I tried reset iLO and reboot system but status still same. System has not been used for a year and without cpu. I installed a used but supported processor. I didnt know iLO IP and username/password, so perform reset via maintenance switches on mainboard. It can be caused by failed CPU or MAINBOARD? Or just need to restore BIOS+ROM?

Thank you Jan

5 REPLIES 5
Suvamay
HPE Pro

Re: DL360p Gen8 won't boot

Hello,

I suspect the issue with system board. Try with minimum configuration. I CPU and 1 Memory, remove all the PCI card if any. Disconnect the local storage connectivity. Then powering on the the server. Try clearing NVRAM and check. If the issue remais. Then I suspect the issue with system board.

Thanks

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Big_John
Occasional Visitor

Hello, thank you for reply. I removed NW card 331t, Smart Array, cables from front bay and PCI expander. Remove all RAM and secondary PS. Power off system remove primary PS, battery form board and put switches 1/5/6 ON. Start system for 10 minutes, power off and put switches to off status. After reboot same status, but system put to IML: "POST Error: 229 - DIMM Configuration Error - Processor 1, DIMM 8 - Unsupported DIMM. - System Halted!". This messages comes from slots 7/8/9/10/11/12 but memory was not present in that slots. After second reboot system dint show agian this messages.Thank you Jan

Suvamay
HPE Pro

Hi

What is the current status of the server. 

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Big_John
Occasional Visitor

Hello, 

Still same. Start loooking for new motherboard 8-)

BR,

Jan

Suvamay
HPE Pro

Hello 

Thanks for the information.

I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo