ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752610 Members
4626 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL370 G6 and NC375i issues

RickPich

An addition comment to Terry's point toward top of the thread.

Disable portfast is not necessary. You only need to disable bpbduguard.
Kopp2
Advisor

Hi all,
the same problem for me.
Speed/Duplex Setting still grayed out.
(see attached screenshot).
Cisco switch port goes disabled.
NC375i Firmware updated on first NIC to v. 9.80.
Diver updated to v4.0.516.13005_w2k8 x64.
NIC utility updated to 9.80.

Can any confirm the problem with speed settings and bpbduguard is solved or still exist in driver version v4.0.516.13005 ?
Thx,
Cop
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Terry,

Those links appear to be for the QLogic NC series cards. The NC375i are NetXen cards. Am I missing something?

Let me know....
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Netxen is Qlogics brand of NICs. I am unsure why they describe them on the download page as Qlogic when the item description on the server is Netxen, but they are the same NIC.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Go to Netxen.com and you'll see what I mean.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Kopp2
Advisor

Hi Terry,
thx for links.

1. I installed FW 9.80 on my quad NC375i. It was a little bit tricky and I missed readme.txt in the softpack (sp45328.exe). Anyway, so works:
nxflash_x64.exe -i "LocalAreaConnection1" -a

I will ask my LAN provider for re-activating of the port and will test it.

2. Your 2nd link is "diagnostic software and documentation for HP NC-Series". May be you want link it to the driver?
Anyway, I found in the diag&docu-package (sp45326.exe) very strange info:

Relnotes.txt -> "HP does not support forcing a speed/duplex setting on NC375x adapters. The setting must be set to Auto/Auto only so that a link may be established."

It is not really nice...
Chief Rocker
Occasional Advisor

spanning-tree bpduguard is the config element on the switch interface causing the port to go "err-disabled"

we are seeing this in our environment, and it is acutely troublesome. Downloaded the SP45328.EXE "fix", and have not been able to get the nxflash_x86 or any other of the associated utilities to run. Not nxlic.exe, nor nxudiag.exe. getting the following error:

NetUserGetInfo:failed

Now, before someone points me to the "HP NC510C losing connection" thread, indicating the issue is with servers over 32GB of RAM (which ours is), we removed RAM in our server, getting it down to 12GB, and still no joy. any other thoughts, ideas, or suggestions?

RMC GCS WINTEL
Frequent Visitor

HI all,

please read

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01916242

especially this in bold
Notice: HP ProLiant DL370 G6 and HP ProLiant ML370 G6 Servers - HP NC375i Integrated Quad Port Multifunction Gigabit Server Adapter Is Designed to Only Use the Auto/Auto (Optimum Connection) Speed/Duplex Setting

... issue solved (more or less)
Keith Hightower

Can the bin files from the Windows package be used with the Linux update utility?