1752812 Members
5766 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL370 G6 firmware update issues

josh l

DL370 G6 firmware update issues

Hello,

We have recently run into some firmware issues when upgrading DL370 G6s. All 3 servers have P410 & P410i RAID controller cards. The newest firmware disc has been used on all 3 servers.

We performed the offline updates with the firmware disc, and after rebooting, one or more of the raid controller cards in each server have disabled their logical drives, and
they display the following "intimidating" message:

Replacement drive detected OR previously failed drives now appear operational. Logical drives disabled due to possible data loss. Press F1 to continue with disabled or F2 to re enable and risk data loss

After verifying no disks have failed, re-enabling the logical drives has proven to work fine with no data loss.

Does anyone know if this is a known issue with either this server model or the P410/P410i controller firmware? Expecting the controllers to panick after a firmware upgrade shouldn't be the norm...

I can't seem to find any info on HP's site. And every time this happened I called HP support, and they didn't know why it was happening, just speculated that when the cards re-polled their disks they thought they were replaced.

Thanks for any help,
Josh
2 REPLIES 2
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

I don't have an answer for, you I have never seen that.

But I am curious.
Wich FW do you use?

I have upgraded several P410's in other systems.
Only issue I have seen, is on DL380, it was hung for 30 min. Failed remaining and had to be restartet. FW DVD 9.10(B)

My guess is, that it is a syncronisation problem. Drives is being updatet, and reboots.
Might be that the FW you use don't handle that too well.

BR
/jag

Accept or Kudo

josh l

The firmware version is 3.52 on both 410 & 410i - it's what came from the 9.20B firmware disc.

So far we haven't noticed anything along the lines of data corruption, but it just seems strange that all 3 servers have had this happen. I'm thinking something's maybe off with the fw version on the disc, which makes the controller panic.