6357 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 Array Expansion

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mike Haddock

DL380 Array Expansion

I am trying to expand an array on a DL380 w/dual 3.06 Mhz drives and 2 Gb of RAM. I added a 72.8 Gb drive to an existing 207 Gb array. I am using ACU version 7.0.1.0The expansion started off ok but the status message is showing that the array is still rebuilding over 28 hrs after starting it. It is showing error #777(that it is in process of expansion) and #785(that background parity is being queued). I found 1 message that said allow 8 hrs per Gb of Data. This server only has 3 Gb of data on it at this point. This is my first try at doing this. Did I do something wrong? HELP????
6 REPLIES 6
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

How many drives (and what total capacity) are the original drives? And how was the original RAID array configured?
And what generation is this DL380?
Mike Haddock

It had 4 X 72.8 Gb configured RAID 5
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

It does not matter how much data you have. The expansion time depends on the size of your logical drive. So if you have a 207GB it will take a long time. It can take anywhere between 10min to 40min a gig depending on whats happening on the server. As for the 785 (informational message) - its normal for any raid level with parity, it will go away.
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
Mike Haddock

Thank you. I am going to leave it running over the weekend. Will see what happens by Monday.
Thanks again
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor
Solution

One thing you might want to check is if the expansion process is restarting midway. I believe there is a status bar in the ACU. If it is restarting, it could indicate a problem. (Firmware....driver....condition of one of the existing drives ...etc)
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
Mike Haddock

I found the status bar and it is 96% done.
Thanks