4744 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380- At boot F9 not possible

Werner De Kuyffer
Occasional Advisor

DL380- At boot F9 not possible

Hi,

During the boot sequence of my HP Proliant DL380, the menu giving the possibility to press F9 is NOT shown. What is wrong here? Can someone help me out?

Regards,
Werner
4 REPLIES 4
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Werner,

If this is a DL380 G1 model (oldest), you won't have a Rom Based Setup Utility (RBSU) which uses the F9 key to enter it. In the older models, you have to press F10 when the cursor jumps to the top right side of the screen to enter the System Configuration Utility (SCU) if it has been installed on the small system partition (approx. 39Mb) on the hard disk. If it has not been installed then you have to boot from a Smartstart CD (5.50 or lower) and use the SCU from there.

I hope this helps.

Brian
Werner De Kuyffer
Occasional Advisor

The machine I' m talking about is a DL380 G3. I would like to know how to activate the RBSU. Can you help me out?

Regards,
Werner
Andy McCreath
Frequent Advisor

Insert the SmartStart CD & run system erase & rebuild the partitions.
somehow you have lost the 34Meg EISA partition at the beginning of the disk which holds RBSU & tools...

Good luck.
www.kimberly-clark.com
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

System Erase is the correct solution.

However, the last post regarding the system partition is incorrect. RBSU is ROM-BASED Setup Utility and does not load from disk. The system partition has therefore been eliminated.