cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL380 Battery Backed Cache

Bob Speich
Occasional Visitor

DL380 Battery Backed Cache

I know this is a dumb question, but I have to ask. I have a new DL380 and I am using the on board Smart Array 5i controller. I purchased the Battery Backed cache to go with it, but the only instructions that I have are for an DL360. I can not figure out where to install the battery onto the DL380. Some help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bob Specih
4 REPLIES
Bill Wood_3
Respected Contributor

Re: DL380 Battery Backed Cache

The installation instructions are on page 77 of the user guide:

http://h200005.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/UCR/SupportManual/TPM_303130-003/TPM_303130-003.pdf
mike mariani
Occasional Visitor

We also have an operational DL380 and battery backed cache that has yet to be installed.

The drawing shows where to insert the battery, but gives no indication where to plug the cable into the chassis. The drawing indicates that the cable just kind of disappears into the machine.

The only connector of the correct type that we can find is that which powers the LED display on the front panel. The written instructions say merely, "Connect the cable and install the battery module assembly into the server."

Thanks,
Mike Mariani

Hi,

Assuming you are talking about a G3 DL380..

Above the power button there is a plastic case. The BBC is inserted into this plastic case.

The 5i+ has a cable attached but this cable is not connected to any peripheral. This cable is to be connected to the connector on the BBC. You must remove the PCI riser cage (instructions are on the cage itself) to reach it.
Marcel Guerrette
Occasional Visitor

The installation guide will help on where the battery will go and as for the cable, one end gets plugged onto the battery and the other plugs onto the cache module (which is plugged into the cache slot on the mother board for the 5i under the I/O board). You may need to remove the I/O board if you have cards installed.

Marcel