1751805 Members
4873 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 - Expand Array

Daniel Marriott
Occasional Advisor

DL380 - Expand Array

Hi - I have used the ACU to expand an array that had 3 x 36GB drives in a RAID5 array (Logicsal Drive 1) which gave 70GB.

I have added an extra 36GB SCSI drive to the DL380 server because the current drives were full. This has not expanded the capacity of logical drive 1 - it has created a logical drive 2 of 36GB. In disk management this shows as a separate disk (Disk 1) of unallocated space.

How can I extended Logical drive 1 with the extra 36GB and not have a logical drive 2?

Many thanks,

Daniel.
4 REPLIES 4
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor
Daniel Marriott
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the information.

I have followed the 'expand' procedures which took about 48 hours and the 'logical drive1' is now showing an increased capacity of 104GB. However in Windows disk management the space is shown as 'unallocated' Can I use the ACU to 'expand' the d: drive by this unallocated space? I thought that this was already in process... obviously not!

The status is also showing:
"Background parity initialization is currently queued or in progress on logical drive 1 ( RAID 5 in array A)."

Looking at the forums this is normal but will take some time.

Please advise! Thanks,

Daniel.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Remaining Part should be done from O/S / Disk Manager ├в normal ├в Just follow up with proper Step in O/S - use Help if necessary
Daniel Marriott
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the information - points has been awarded! Managed to achieve what I wanted through a combination of ACU and Windows Disk management. The information is a bit long winded (and not in one place) for what should be a simple set of steps but it worked all the same.

Much appreciated,

Daniel.