5123 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G10 Smart Array SNMP Trap for disk replacement not received

Felix_E
Visitor

DL380 G10 Smart Array SNMP Trap for disk replacement not received

Hi,

We are testing DL380 ILO SNMP alert. It's configured with P824i-p Smart Array controller and AMS alerting services. When we pulled the disk, we see two SNMP alerts, cpqSasPhyDrvStatus and cpqSasLogDrvStatus. When we replace the disk, the ILO web portal shows the disk is replaced and indicator turned to green, yet there is no SNMP event sent to show that the drive status has returned to normal.

Any clue why there is no clear alarms being sent when the disk is restored?

ILO FW Ver - 2.14

Thanks for the help!

4 REPLIES 4
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

I would suggest you follow the ILO configuration settings.

HPE Integrated Lights Out (iLO 5) for Gen10 Servers - Configuring iLO Management Settings.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00026111en_us#N1084C

Configuring SNMP settings

The settings user configure on this page are for the default Agentless management and AMS configuration. If user use the System Management Assistant and an OS-based SNMP service, similar settings must be configured on the host.

Prerequisites

Configure iLO Settings privilege.

Procedure

1. Click Management in the navigation tree.

The SNMP Settings page is displayed.

2. Enter the following values in the SNMP Settings section:

• System Location

• System Contact

• System Role

• System Role Detail

• Read Community 1

• Read Community 2

• Read Community 3

The SNMP Port and SNMP Status values are read-only on this page. User can change these values on the Access Settings page.

3. To save the user profile, click Apply.

SNMP Options

• System Location - A string of up to 49 characters that specifies the physical location of the server

• System Contact - A string of up to 49 characters that specifies the system administrator or server owner. The string can include a name, email address, or phone number

• System Role - A string of up to 64 characters that describes the server role or function.

• System Role Detail - A string of up to 512 characters that describes specific tasks that the server might perform.

• Read Community 1, Read Community 2, and Read Community 3 - The configured SNMP read-only community strings.

The following formats are supported:

• A community string (for example, public).

• A community string followed by an IP address or FQDN (for example, public 192.168.0.1).

Use this option to specify that SNMP access will be allowed from the specified IP address or FQDN. User can enter an IPv4 address, an IPv6 address, or an FQDN.

These values can be edited only if SNMPv1 is enabled in the SNMP Alerts section.

• Status - The status of the SNMP access setting (Enabled or Disabled). This value is read-only, but can be modified on the Access Settings page.

To navigate to the Access Settings page, click the Status link.

• SNMP Port - The port used for SNMP communications. This value is read-only, but can be modified on the Access Settings page.

To navigate to the Access Settings page, click the SNMP Port link.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Felix_E
Visitor

Hi,

We did setup the SNMP to send the alert to our NMS, that is why we are seeing an alert coming from the DL380 when we remove the disk. We see alarms being raised on our NMS and display both traps (cpqSasPhyDrvStatusChange and cpqSasLogDrvStatusChange) for logical and physical alarms. Also in ILO > Storage > Controller shows that the disk indicator is marked RED as failed.

The problem is when we replace the disk, the indicator turns to GREEN in the ILO but it does not send a clear alarms and our NMS thinks that the disk is still down. We did run tcpdump to capture the traffic and we do not see any clear alarms being sent when the disk are restored. IML also shows "Slot 1 Smart Array - Drive status changed. Status is : Failed" and never received a "Status is : OK"

We are using cpqida.mib and P824i-p Smart Array controller

We do have a DL360 that is working properly. When we remove a disk, it raised an alert (cpqDa6LogDrvStatusChange and cpqDa7PhyDrvStatusChange). When we restore the disk, it sends a clear alert and it gets remove from our NMS. IML shows "Status is : Rebuilding", then "Status is : OK"

Thanks for the help!

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

Please let us know if you have any other queries.

I will happy to assist you.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Felix_E
Visitor

Hi Sanjeev,

The solution you provided is not really very helpful. SNMP is already setup since we are seeing alerts raised when the disk was removed.

The issue we are having is why there is no alert being send when the disk is inserted. ILO status shows that the disk is inserted and change to Green, but no traps is being sent.

What is the behavior during the disk replacement? traps should be send with the status of "OK"