1753407 Members
6900 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL380 G2 5i problem

Andrew_373

DL380 G2 5i problem

I have a DL380 G2 that doesn't recognize its 5i array controller on POST. All connections are tight. I applied a microsoft update to the server (not sure which one) and rebooted the server and it never came back up since the 5i controller wasn't present during POST. I've tried running Smartstart to no avail since it can't find any disks to install on. The server is just a lab server so its OS isn't really an issue but I'm completely stumped. Where did the embedded 5i controller go?
3 REPLIES 3
Van Cotoco
Advisor

Re: DL380 G2 5i problem

Hi,

If you can get into the System Configuration Utility, try to see if the Smart 5i is seen.
Check that it is the First Order Controller.

Regards,

Van
Jon Ward
Trusted Contributor

Re: DL380 G2 5i problem

If you have not replaced the system i/o board by now, consider cold booting the system. To cold boot, you need to remove the power cord for about 30 seconds; the power button is really a power standby button and does not serve this purpose.

Since the device is integrated, there is not much you can do except from reseating all other components and hope that it can come back. The good news is that the array information is stored on the hard drives, so it can accept a new Smart Array Controller provided the firmware is current.