ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748265 Members
3912 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G2 (MCS 7835) won't boot

wrccrw

DL380 G2 (MCS 7835) won't boot

When it press the power button I get a beep(normal) and the fan for the power supplies start for 1 sec then stop. About 20 seconds it beeps and the fan starts for 1 second then stops. Power is good as I was running 2 other DL380s. I removed the power from those DL380s just to ensure the new DL380 (MCS 7835) isn't having a power problem. I also swapped out the power supplies with 2 power supplies from one of my other DL380s.

Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5
Bryan Eley
Trusted Contributor

I've known of similar cases where a system would behave similar to yours but be the result of another component failure, such as an overheated CPU for example.

Bryan
tobias.schmidt
Occasional Advisor

can you change the powersupply backplane board?! try this it can be work
j h

I'm having this issue as well...

My server is a newly unpacked dl380 g4 and has never been loaded with an OS. Same symptoms though...powers up for 1 sec then off for 20, then on for 1 sec...keeps going until i pull the power cables.
wrccrw

Hey man,
My processor wasnt fully seated into the motherboard.

Will
MattGibson

I've got a similar problem. Whenever I boot my DL380 G2 the BIOS screen reports a CPU fan failure and powers down the server. The server then reboots a couple of seconds later, and the same thing happens (and continues to happen until I pull the power cable).
The server ran fine the first time I booted it, but displayed a cooling error message while loading Win2K, and hasn't booted since.
I've taken the case lid off and checked the fans. When booting, 2 of the 4 CPU fans (the middle 2) are amber and do not spin. I've swapped around the fans and the fault stays with the middle two fans so it doesn't appear to be the fan modules themselves.
Can anyone help with this?