ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753448 Members
6029 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G2 Windows 2000 SP4 - slow performance

DL380 G2 Windows 2000 SP4 - slow performance

After having applied Windows 2000 SP4 to a Proliant DL380 G2 the network performance is very slow. No problems with a DL380 G3 with Windows 2000 SP4. (Intel Gigabit NIC)

The actual Rompaq and SupportPack is installed.

Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Susanne,
Every time any MS update is applied the support is suppose to be run before rebooting the server. I am not sure how you have done it. Please reapply the support pack and see it that makes a difference. Here is the link in case you need it.

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/18416.html

Regards,

Hello Sunil,

Thank you for your help.

We have applied the supportpack after the installation of SP4, but after having booted the server. The performance is still slow.

We can reach the G2 models from the G3 model and from an old Proliant 1600 without problems. There is only a bad performance with the G2 models in connection with all other servers (G2, G3 or 1600).

Do you have an idea, which driver could be the problem? Should we install SP4 again and then apply SupportPack V7.0 before rebooting?

Thank you.
Susanne

Hallo Sunil,

I have uninstalled SP4 and the performance is well. Unfortunately I do not know which part of the service pack was the problem.

Do you have a guess?

Thank you in advance.
Susanne
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Susanne,
In the past this turned out to be the disk I/O which was affected by updating to SP4. Yet in others I have seen the NIC drivers issue. If I find anything more I shall post it for you.

Regards,

Hello Sunil,

Before we have uninstalled SP4, we have installed the latest driver for the intel gigabit NIC with no changes to the slow performance.

I think it is not a NIC or I/O problem, because there was no performance problem browsing the G2 models from the G3 or the 1600.

Thank you for your help.

Susanne