ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753437 Members
4846 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G2 - Won't boot - Non-system disk error...

Mike Milo

DL380 G2 - Won't boot - Non-system disk error...

I've replaced the scsi control board with a known working board. It booted up once fine with no errors, I then shut it down and brought it back up and get the same error as before. I've seated and reseated all the cables in the box. We've ordered another control board. Can anyone think of anything else I might try?

Mike
6 REPLIES 6
HGN
Honored Contributor

Hi

This can be a power supply issue also or maybe the scsi board which was replaced failed again. The main board may also be an issues since you have already tested the contact issue bu re-seating all the cards.

Rgds

HGN
e4services
Honored Contributor

Why would you not suspect the drive itself as failing?
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Mike Milo

Cause there are three drives.
andre.mostert
Advisor

If you get the new board and it boots up fine, try and update the firmware on the Array controller. I have found it makes a big diffrence.

Good luck

Andre
Mark J. Francisco
Frequent Advisor

Have you tried a different slot? Or if able, borrow a PCI cage from a another DL380 G2 to rule out the PCI cage.
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

If you put a non bootable floppy in a machine and boot the server up it will produce the same error. The same principal applies here.

Is the boot sector on the logical drive there? Have you tried booting off a Windows cd and verify whether it sees an os installed. If it does, then I suspect this is a problem with the master boot record. If it doesn't see the os, then it may be a hardware issue.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..