4288 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G2 server image on a DL380 G3

Manny Badoe
Occasional Contributor

DL380 G2 server image on a DL380 G3

Dear all

We have a good number of DL380 G2 servers hence we created an image for them. We use a W2K basic image.

We recently acquired a few DL380 G3 servers and applied the G2 image to a couple of them which, seemed to have worked fine except after the server has rebooted and done all its basic device configuration and rebooted again, there appears to be a new Hardware which it is unable to configure.

The 'Found New Hardware' is the Base System Device. We therefore proceeded to install the SmartStart softpaq which, in the past configures any unconfigured devices, but this time did not.

I used the HP SmartStart CD 6.20 as it appears to be the latest CD we have but to no avail. We then proceeded to allow the Hardware Wizard to locate the driver on the same CD but again to no avail.

Any ideas what this Base System Device is and are ther any drivers/pathces etc out there that I can download to resolve this issue? Or any advice would help

Kind Regards

Manny

For though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again!
2 REPLIES 2
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

I would recommend creating a new image from a DL380 G3 machine, instead of trying one from a machine with a different architecture.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Glenn Weavind_1
Frequent Advisor

Manny: Also look at Technet Q249694 (on the web). What you're attempting is supported by Microsoft - but it's not trivial.