108758 Solutions
New Discussion

DL380 G3 BIOS, CPU Temperature

SOLVED
Go to solution
frank muise
Occasional Advisor

DL380 G3 BIOS, CPU Temperature

Should I be able to find the CPU temperature in the BIOS of the DL380?

If so where exactly do I go to get into BIOS, cause I don't get prompt for a key. F10 right after Proliant Splash screen dosn't get me no where either.

Any suggestions?
1 REPLY 1
cnb
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: DL380 G3 BIOS, CPU Temperature

Frank,

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01122783/c01122783.pdf

From the User Guide Page 62:

To power up the server, press the Power On/Standby button.
While the server boots, RBSU and the ORCA utility are automatically configured to prepare the server for operating system installation. To configure these utilities manually:

Press the F8 key when prompted during the array controller initialization to configure the array controller using ORCA. The array controller defaults to RAID 0 with one drive installed and RAID 1 with more than one drive installed.

Press the F9 key when prompted during the boot process to change the server settings, such as the settings for language and operating system, using RBSU. The system is set up by default for the English language and a Microsoft Windows 2000 installation.
For more information on the automatic configuration, refer to the HP ROM-Based Setup Utility User Guide located on the Documentation CD.

Press F9 and get the RBSU manual. You will find everything there to modify/view BIOS & NVRAM.

Rgds,