cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL380 G3 BSOD on W2K3 Install

Jeff Arnts
Occasional Visitor

DL380 G3 BSOD on W2K3 Install

After it is done loading the drivers, Windows hangs and then BSODs on the "Windows is Starting" dialog. The Stop error is 0x6F.

I have tried updating every piece of firmware, getting the latest SmartStart CD. I even tried just booting off the Windows CD and installing the Smart Array 5i drivers myself. Nothing works. I also cleared CMOS, took out all unecessary hardware, disabled other hardware (USB, NICs, etc), and it still hangs and BSODs.

Oddly enough, Windows 2000 Server installs fine, and I even tried to do an upgrade from there, and still messes up. Has anyone else had this?
4 REPLIES
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: DL380 G3 BSOD on W2K3 Install

Had you tried different CD W2K3? SVR? ADV? SBS?
Between reinstall erase utility used?
Hyper-Treading Disabled?
Memory Min config BANK A only and single CPU?
Jeff Arnts
Occasional Visitor

I have tried different CDs, and we have used these on other servers and it worked. Single CPU, HT is disabled, two sticks of 512 memory. Should I put it to one? It probably shouldnt matter since W2K operates just fine.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Roll over one more time with Firmware Maintenance 7.20 if you done already â no needs
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/subscription/PSM_subscription.html

can you simulate install on the one single drive and after to other see if that make difference
Jeff Arnts
Occasional Visitor

I am not sure what you mean in your last sentence. I have tried different hard drives if that is what you mean. We only have one other DL380 that is in use, but I will have to take it down for testing if I cannot get this one working.