1748127 Members
3837 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G3 Error

Will  Barnes

DL380 G3 Error

My server is working fine but Hp Proliant IML Viewer is loging "PCI Bus Error (Slot 0, Bus 6, Device 30. Function 0) " I cannot find any documents that tell me what this is.
4 REPLIES 4
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Will,
Usually Slot '0' relates to an onboard NIC. This does not mean that surely the device has failed. It could be a false message as well. If you don't have the latest support pack running on your server then please do update it and see if that helps. Here is the link in case you need it.

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/18416.html

Regards,
Will  Barnes

Thanks Sunil,
The system tends to reboot itself now.
The HP log veiwer shows the same error.
According to the Device manager my nics are on bus 2 dev 1 and 2. This is a 2003 cluster
so I could have other issues.
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Will,
It could be something else and am sure this has something to do with another device. I shall run it by the Cluster folks and let you know if I do find something out. Like you said it could be software related since the server is in Clustered environment.

Regards,
JimLeahy

The details in this PCI Bus Error call out the HP Proliant PCI hot plug controller.  If you go into SIM, check PCI devices, you can find the device that is throwing the error and causing the ASR resets.  In this case it is the PCI controller on the system board.  I would recommend updating the firmware and PSP, and if the problem persists replace the system board.