1752790 Members
5888 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G3 FAN NOISE

Giovanni Golinelli

DL380 G3 FAN NOISE

Hi everybody,
I've a trouble with a new DL 380 G3: the fan (including the redaundat ones) start at full speed, and don't reduce it when the OS (win2k SP4) starts. I've already check that the System Management is correctly installed and started, upgrade the firmware at the last version available, the room temp is about 25 degrees, the internal temp is about 40 degrees. Now what can I do?

TIA,
Giovanni Golinelli
Giovanni Golinelli
4 REPLIES 4
Ian Matthews_4
Advisor

in the first instance, upgrade to the latest system rom and apply windows support pack 6.4
let us know if it's still a problem afterwards
Gert Luyten
Respected Contributor

Giovanni,

The fan speed is no longer controller by the OS (or it's System Management driver) but by the BIOS since G2. If your fans are running at full speed, there might be a valid reason (you have 2 CPU's and 6 HDD for example).
A Proliant a day keeps the competition away!
Andreas Bauer

Hey Giovanni,
I feel with u. We've the same problems concerning HPs DL380G3. We changed thio bios to an actual state. HP changed the system board. Supportpack 6.40 is installed is installed. Now the problem goes back to the HP engineering at Dublin. We delivered several log files yesterday, no we have to wait for a solution. Since Compaq changed to HP it's a terrible support. We chnaged the last years from compaq to dell and now back to HP/Compaq. Hmmmm....let's see.
Regards Andreas
Giovanni Golinelli

bye
Giovanni Golinelli