HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL380 G3 - I'm going crazy !!!

Rami Gabriel
Frequent Advisor

DL380 G3 - I'm going crazy !!!

Had lots of trouble ever since upgrading to PSP 7.8 months ago, lots of random restarts especially late at night in backup time (ie high load)
Upgraded to 7.9, and 7.91 and the problem got worse...

Read in another thread that its best to uninstall all HP software and reinstall PSP 7.7, had the same problems until I found that the network files were not fully downgraded, fixed that later on and got the system stable for 5 days !

No BSOD(s) or random restarts, even stress tested the system for 3 hours without a glitch...

Woke up this morning to an email from PRTG monitoring software telling me the server kept restarting from 3:20 am to 7:00 am a total of 30 times !!!

There was no backups being taken at that time, processor and memory load was less than 20% and nothing in the event viewer...

This is a production server, i'm out of clues and getting quite embaressed with all this...

Any help ??

DL380 G3
Windows server 2003 SP2

Network Driver (Broadcom) 9.81.00
Network Config. Utility 8.55.00
5 REPLIES
Víctor Cespón
Honored Contributor

Re: DL380 G3 - I'm going crazy !!!

Any message on Windows event log or Integrated Management Log?
Any bluescreen?
Rami Gabriel
Frequent Advisor

No Bluescreens, just consecutive restarts for no reason, nothing in events ...
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

This can be a hardware issue... Did you open a case in HP? They have some tools for troubleshooting in such situations...
Rami Gabriel
Frequent Advisor

I'm sure its a software issue coz life was great until i decided to try the different PSP installations, before that i was living on barely updating necessary drivers only...

The server was BSODing all the time with PSP 7.8 and 7.9 (during high load), even disconnecting the network cable caused a random restart or BSOD !

I've totally uninstalled Network Config utility and waiting to see if this helps... Stress testing the server is showing no glitches so far...

Already had a case with HP Middle East and as soon as they knew what i was talking about in PSP 7.8 trouble, they closed the case without replying or advising of any tools/fixes to be applied !

James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Rami,

Un-Installing the NCU not a Solution to your issue. Please log another Support Call for this issue, & request an explanation on why the first one was closed without your knowledge(as you say). I would think, This is entitled as per basic warranty.... hence a very justified request.

Regards.