ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753798 Members
7248 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G3+MSA500 SSP issues

Chris Terry

DL380 G3+MSA500 SSP issues

I have two DL380 G3 servers connected to a MSA500 Storage Array via 642 Array controllers.

The OS on the two servers is Windows 2003 server. Everything functions correctly as the servers boot of their internal drives and access the Storage Array for data.

The Storage Array contains two arrays (Array A and Array B).

The issue i have is when i enable SSP so that server 1 can only see Array A, and Server 2 can only see Array B. This works fine until i reboot the server, after the server is rebooted they cannot see the Array A and Array B until i launch the ACU (7.31) and then rescan the discs in windows disk management they then re-appear correctly with the data intact.

All settings have been saved etc in the ACU.
3 REPLIES 3
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Chris:

I am not sure what stage your in, but if your in the testing phase.... are you able to delete the array's/logical units and start again?

If so, you can try this process.....

1. With only one host online, create the first array and logical drive(s). Enable SSP at this time.

2. Bring the second host online and create Array B and it's logical drive(s). Enable access to the second host via SSP.

3. Reboot the servers and check access.

4. If this is what you did, then there is a different issue then I thought.

Questions:

1. Do you have dual Adaptors connecting to the MSA? or is it single path?

2. Do you need both servers to access both arrays at some point in time? (Not clustered, just a simple backup solution).

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Chris Terry

Steven,

Thanks for the reply, the system is currently live at the moment, have powered one of the servers of until i find a solution.

The arrays were created and then SSP was activated and arrays allocated to servers.

Answers to questions

1. Only have single path to the MSA

2. Don't need both servers to access both array at same time

Thanks
Chris
Chris Terry

The only thing i could do as Server 2 is turned off is delete Array B. Re-enable SSP with only Server 1 and Array A. Reboot the server to make drives are o.k.

The create Array B and assign to Server 2 and do the same

Thanks

Chris