ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753725 Members
4515 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G3 Power Supply or Power Converter Module?

Dave Conorozzo
Occasional Contributor

DL380 G3 Power Supply or Power Converter Module?

If you pull a power supply out and plug it in does the LED light up on it or will it only light when it is installed and plugged in?

I am pretty sure my power supply is OK and I am thinking I could have a problem with the power converter module. The reason I think this is b/c I had installed some new memory and then booted into BIOS to just let the thing know I intentionally altered the amount of memory and it never booted back up and it had 2 power supplies in it that were both lit green. Now, neither power supply will light green and the system will not power up and I have stripped it to 1 CPU, 2 memory sticks and no extra cards. The power light is amber but pushing it does nothing.
6 REPLIES 6
wobbe
Respected Contributor

I believe the led stays of when you pull out the power supply.
Dave Conorozzo
Occasional Contributor

Sorry, did you mean to say you believe it stays on?
wobbe
Respected Contributor

I mean the failure indentification led on the front of the server will stay of when you pull out a power supply unit.
Dave Conorozzo
Occasional Contributor

I wanted to know if the LED on the power supply itself will light up even if the power supply is not in the server.
Jitz
Occasional Advisor

i believe the Power Supply will not lit LED when removed from server and connected a power cable
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

The LED might stay lit for 5 seconds when pulled out. It is residual power in the power supply. LEDs don't require much to light.