1752797 Members
5875 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G3 Product Number Missing

ChrisX
Occasional Advisor

DL380 G3 Product Number Missing

I have just inherited a bunch of HP and Compaq servers, and am trying to track down the information for them, including warranty information.

Among the servers are 2 x DL380 G3s that were clearly purchased in Japan. I have the serial numbers, but cannot find the product numbers anywhere. I found another thread (a few days ago) that said the P/N stickers can be found on the top surface of the server on the right near the front bezel, and towards the back of the server on the left hand side of the server iteself, but neither of the machines have the P/N here.

Both have a sticker towards the back on the left hand side panel of the server, but this only has the serial number and not the product number.

If there are no stickers, is there any way I can find the P/N?

Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Chris,
You can find P/N by using ROM-Based Setup Utility. Press "F9" during boot process and you will see P/N in "system options" screen

Maybe this document will be useful for you as well:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=PSD_PCN1555W
ChrisX
Occasional Advisor

Many thanks.

I checked the document, and followed what you said, but even so, no product number is visible after going into the F9 option. Only the serial number appears.

I then upgraded all the firmware using the Firmware Maintenance 7.4 (very useful) just to see if it made a difference, but I still got the same thing.

This leads me to believe that the servers only have 10 digit serial numbers, which isn't helpful as I cannot track the information on them with this.

One of the S/Ns is H1DDLDN72S if it is of any use.
ChrisX
Occasional Advisor

Sorry for the double post, but I have been using:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/WarrantyLookup.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodSeriesId=316558&prodTypeId=15351

To check the warranties. However, Japan is not in the list of countries that you can select. This got me to thinking that I can only lookup the 10 digit serial number on the Japanese HP site, but I have searched that and can't find any warranty lookup function.

Does anyone have a link to the Japanese warranty lookup?
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Try product numbers from QuickSpecs
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11473_div/11473_div.html#Models
XX=29 for Japan
It is very strange that you don't see P/N in RBSU.
Maybe you can call to Japan HP and ask.
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If you send me your serial numbers I can provide you with full warranty details, which you may need for service calls.

The warranty on H1DDLDN72S, built in Japan expires 15th September 2007.

The product number is 349201-291

brian.murdoch@hp.com

Regards,

Brian

Joseph Heaton
Advisor

Brian,

What you are offering to do is a wonderful thing, but it brings up a question. If you are able, internally to HP, to get the warranty information for a 10-digit serial number, then why the heck can't we, the owners of the equipment?
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I think you can, so I will try and post some external links which work (many don't give enough detail).

I'll use the serial number above to see if any external sites can provide the same detail which I managed to get.

By the way, the original message poster (ChrisX) has never contacted me for any more details.

Regards,

Brian
ChrisX
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the feedback Brian. I will mail you the other serial number to the address you gave.

The reason I haven't been in touch is that I never received any notifications from the system to say the thread has been replied to. I imagine the notifications got blocked by our spam filters.
Jonathan Hylton
Occasional Contributor

HI there,

has there been website made available for this? I have a list of about 500 servers I need this information for, but can not seem to get it. I have also tried sending mail to brian, but I get system undeliverable. Any help would be appreciated as I need this information asap.

thx