1752550 Members
5035 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

DL380 G3 REBOOTS AUTOMATICALLY

Yatin_1
Occasional Contributor

DL380 G3 REBOOTS AUTOMATICALLY

I have a DL 380 G3 Rack Server, till yesterday night it was working properly but today morning when i saw the server, it was rebooting . It shows the Windows Server 2003 screen , that progress bar moves for 2 secs then it gives a dump screen .Please guide me, How to see that screen coz it just reboot immediately after giving a dump (could not see the Stop screen). There are 4 paires of 512MB , tried all possible combination of memories but it still reboots, i have replaced the motherboard also still it reboots ...Help me.

Thanks in advance
1 REPLY 1
Caster Troy
Regular Advisor

Re: DL380 G3 REBOOTS AUTOMATICALLY

Same problem being faced by me in a DL380 G3 but it does not boot it just remains stuck after 3 or 4 progress bars of windows server 2003, I hit the F8 key after rebooting as soon as the POST is over and then started windows in safe mode and from the event viewer found out that MSSQL was eating up all the memory and giving errors for insufficient memory, disabled the automatic start of MSSQL Server and MSSQL Agent, it solved the problem and once the OS started normally I started both these services and reduced the size of my database moreover removed all unwanted softwares and services. You may also try checking any PCI or PCI-X devices installed.
Evil Has Its Winning Ways