108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL380 G3 Random Reboots..

SOLVED
Go to solution
frank muise
Occasional Advisor

DL380 G3 Random Reboots..

My DL380 G3 keeps rebooting randomly. It reboot when i'm logged on, it reboots when i'm in Insight Diag Manager, Smart CD Manager, Fireware update manager. This server is offlien and will remain offline until fixed.

I have checked Event Viewer nothing.

I have checked IML log, nothing.

I have attempted to update all firmware, up to date.

I tried to find a monitor to monitor the CPU temp but nothing is compatible with the CPU in this sytem, and I cannot find the temp anywhere in the RBSU/BIOS.

Starting to run out of things to try here, I was told that it was blue screening and that I was to find out the error code, but no such luck just rebooting without a trace of the problem.

Any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: DL380 G3 Random Reboots..

It's possible the problem is with power feeds to the system. Any poweroff from a temperature issue or blue screen should generate alerts to IML and possibly event viewer as well.

To rule out ASRs, head into the RBSU and disable them. That way if one occurs the system will not reboot itself.

Check pages 94-95 of this guide for more:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00191707/c00191707.pdf

good luck, if you appreciate the answers we appreciate the points!

WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

frank muise
Occasional Advisor

I have already disabled ASR, I would have to say this is being cause by power.
frank muise
Occasional Advisor

I also cannot get any mem dumps.
cnb
Honored Contributor

Hi Frank,

It could be anything; power, CPU, Memory, System Board, PCI, FANs, etc...

Which CPU and Memory part numbers do you have installed? Single or Dual CPUs? Can you give a detailed listing of the configuration? Firmware revisions?

Have you tried taking it down to the minimum configuration per the Troubleshooting Guide?

Rgds,
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Do you have redundant power supplies and power feeds to the server? It certainly can be a system board or CPU issue but in my experience problems of that sort are often registered in the IML, whereas immediate shutdowns related to dirty or insufficient power are not.