108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G3 - Red LED's on power up and nothing else

SOLVED
Go to solution
Orto

DL380 G3 - Red LED's on power up and nothing else

Hi Guys,

Maybe a silly question but we have 240v power here and I have just plugged both power supplys in a supposedly working DL380 G3 server into the wall socket > power it up, it powers on but all I get are red LED's and green Leds, and it just sits there like that. The LEDS on the front panel that are lit up are the top Red one and the one underneath in green.

Any ideas as to whether its power or if the thing is dead ?
5 REPLIES 5
Orto

I opened the box and see that the PPM 1 and PPM 2 LED's are amber, forgive me for asking but what is a PPM ? I s there anything I can do to reset or test them ?
RGP
Frequent Advisor
Solution

If the power supply is failed typically no fans will spin. If PPM is removed and server powers up but does not POST replace PPM w/289564-001
RGP
Frequent Advisor

Verify that the locking tabs are in the closed position on either side of the PPM.
Reseat the Processor as well. by the way PPM stands for Procesor Power Module / VRM - Voltage Regulating Module.
KiranKumar_2
Frequent Advisor

HI,
PPM Stands for Processor Prower Module.

As you are getting amber lED for PPM, this could be a faulty PPM.
But, before you got for PPM replacement, reseat the PPM and also you can try clearing NVRAM.

1. Disconnect all the storage devices connected to the server (Including Internal Drives)
2. Change the status of Sw6 in System Maintenance Switch (ON)
3. Power ON the server for 10-15 Sec.
4. Turn off the server and set the switch to Normal (OFF)
5. Connect the drives back and power ON the server.
Orto

Hi guys,

thanks for the assistance, I reseated the CPU's and it came good, looks like they moved or something during shipping.