1752795 Members
6373 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 (G3) Slot Power Failure ?

Michael_444
Advisor

DL380 (G3) Slot Power Failure ?

I have a DL380 (G3) runnning Netware 6. The Server locked up and I wasn't even able to ping it, so I switched it off & on and all is well, however, when I look at the Log Viewer via the Console screen it says :-

Exp Slot (date / time) Slot Power Fault (Slot2)

I have a 6402 controller in slot 2.
All is well with the Server now, however, I am worried that something is about to pop. Has anybody any ideas or suggestions ?
4 REPLIES 4
HGN
Honored Contributor

Hi

When you get a chance to take the server down you can try to re-seat the card and if the same message comes another time it would be the main board which needs to be replaced.

Rdgs

HGN
Michael_444
Advisor

Cheers

So it's looking like the board then?
No chance it could be the controller?
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Michael
Can you try to reset riser Board Itself, use a little pressure, make sure it seat well enough, same for SA6400; System ROM and Firmware for Array controller is Up to date ? Also can you try it for slot 3?

Check the actual red wine Hot Plug Locking Clips at slot, and driver bellow if needed
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/21598.html
Michael_444
Advisor

This does get stranger ..... I have swapped the box with a spare of the same spec and used the disks and the Array controller from the original server. All seems well at the moment. In Diag's came up with memory errors on the original server, however, now I have swapped it out the diags don't show up any errors (very strange)

When the server crashed out last night it also gave another message in the IML :-

"System Crash: Abend: Deadlock detected waiting for spinlock currently owned by CPU 00
Running Process: Server 00:67 EIP: 114162h"

Any ideas what this is ?