1753469 Members
5320 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G3, Unable to write to ILO via HPONCFG

freddylocks

DL380 G3, Unable to write to ILO via HPONCFG

Hi Everyone

Wonder if someone can assist with this little issue.
I have used HPONCFG numerous times on many different servers in order to configure the ILO.
I now have a server which I am severely restricted on rebooting. I need to update the settings in the ILO but I am unable to do so.

All the scripts I run to read information from the ILO work fine. But when trying to write things like network settings, user accounts etc the scripts just state: "Script Succeeded" without updating the settings.

I have run the hponcfg /reset command which has returned the ILO to factory defaults and when running the getnetworksettings.xml i get the values as I would expect. However I am still unable to write any settings to the server.

Can anyone offer any advice on the reason why I am unable to write any settings to the ILO?
Thanks
Freddy
3 REPLIES 3
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Freddy,
Try :

First script:

Second script:

Regards,
James.
freddylocks

thanks for your reply James.

I have indeed tried both of those scripts to no avail.

However, when logging on locally to the server, it has been noticed that there were alot of errors. Once logged onto the server and off again. The obtained the password from the brown tag, i was able to put the username and password into the scripts and I am now able to write to the ILO without issue.

I now just need to work out if there is a way of telling of the network is active or if the link is down. I have tried ping but that not responding so now wondering if the one thing that remains is a switch problem.

When changing network settings is it necessary to run the reset_rib.xml script in order to change the speed and duplex?

Is there a script for checking the status of the network even if the switch is on the wrong vlan etc?

Cheers
Freddy
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

just in case try to have the latest firmware for the ilo

according to this

When changing network settings is it necessary to run the reset_rib.xml script in order to change the speed and duplex?

yes I think is much better to run reset_rib.xml because is a change in ilo so ilo needs to recognize it

Is there a script for checking the status of the network even if the switch is on the wrong vlan etc?

mmm I dont think there is xml like that sorry

the closest is:
Mod_VLAN.xml - Configure virtual LAN settings on a Light-Out device.

but not at all related

regards

Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!