ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752442 Members
6248 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL380 G3 and NetWare 6.5 setup - mouse problems!

Alex-M
Occasional Advisor

DL380 G3 and NetWare 6.5 setup - mouse problems!

Hi all!

Today I got a very strange problem. When I install a NetWare 6.5 onto DL380G3 server my mouse isn't working (when install program switches to the GUI)!
But mouse works normally when I booting this server from SmartStart 6.30 CD (to configure RAID or something else).
Moreover, yesterday I installed NW6.5 onto this server (at the first time, today - is the second attempt) and mouse worked properly.

My server is connected to keyboard/mouse/monitor via ATEN MasterView PRO CS1008 KVM switchbox.
May be a problem in the KVM switch? But, why mouse works normally in the SmartStart environment through the same KVM switch?
4 REPLIES 4
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: DL380 G3 and NetWare 6.5 setup - mouse problems!

Hello Alex,
Just make sure that the system BIOS is uptodate. It could be that you need to update the firmware of your ATEN KVM. I am not sure just place in a call with the manufacturer.

Regards,
Alex-M
Occasional Advisor

Hi!

My servers already has a newest firmware for all components (BIOS, RAID, iLO).
I will try to contact with ATEN for new firmware, but I'm not sure in success - my KVM switchbox don't have any serial port for firmware uploading...
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Alex,
To eliminate the obvious just connect the Keyboard & Mouse directly to the server rather then going through KVM. See if you still have any problems. If not then it will exhibit the proper cause of malfunction.

Regards,
Alex-M
Occasional Advisor

Hi!

I solved this problem. Problem source is really ATEN KVM switch! When I change this switch to a HP 8 port console switch all troubles has disappeared!

Thanks for help...