cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL380 G3 and Solaris 9

Eric Miles
Occasional Visitor

DL380 G3 and Solaris 9

Anyone successfully installed Solaris 9 on a Proliant DL380 G3?

How about Solaris 8?

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES
Oleg Mochkin
Trusted Contributor

Re: DL380 G3 and Solaris 9

I'm interested about this too. Somebody have any information ?
SY, Oleg
Tom Vicevich
Occasional Advisor

Re: DL380 G3 and Solaris 9

I have been trying all week to install Solaris 9 on a DL380 G1. Don't use the setup CD use CD #1 of the software CD's. I still could not get the install to complete with a 5300 controller card or a 4200 controller card. I got a little further with a a Smart2 /DH and Smart2 /P card but the install still failed. I used the HP drivers from the HP web site.
During the initial install Solaris accepts the driver update diskette with the Array drivers. You get into the GUI mode and it partitions the drive, creates the file systems and copies software. At the end of the installation it again asks for the driver diskette for the arrays but won't take it erroring out saying it isn't a driver diskette. With the Smart2 cards it accepts the driver and asks if you have any more driver diskttes but won't take no for an answer. No additional infor on the Sun site. You could maybe make a Sun boot diskette but I had problems doing that as well.
I did manage to get Solaris 9 installed on a Proliant 3000 with a Smart2/P card so I suspect its something in the DL380 architecture. Good Luck