New Discussion

DL380 G3 no rom bios installed

SOLVED
Go to solution
gnarliprime
Occasional Visitor

DL380 G3 no rom bios installed

Hello!

I received a dl380 g3 server, but ran in to a snag when attempting to boot. Everything appears to go fine until I see "Bios for adaptor 0 is disabled" then "rom bios not installed" see here http://eyeheartlinux.com/screenz/2011-11-17%2023.48.10.jpg

I changed the setting to enabled in the bios, and now I only get the second  'rom bios not installed.' After a few moments it pops over, attempts to load from the disk rom then hd, but both fail, no matter which disk is in there. There isn't an OS on there currently, but win 2003, winxp, nor arch linux boot disks could run. Any idea what could be causing this or any hints on how to resolve it? here the screen of the second error 

http://eyeheartlinux.com/screenz/2011-11-17%2023.48.38.jpg

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
gnarliprime
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Re: DL380 G3 no rom bios installed

Issue resolved. This was being caused by the HBA not being set up correctly
jmquesadarivel
Frequent Advisor

HBA BIOS is always disable by default, on the OS will work just fine, you have to enable the BIOS for things like boot from SAN or so but for regular use is not nessesary.

Siddalinga Aradhya HS
Occasional Visitor

Hi ,

What was the problem with HBA setup? we are facing the same issue and not bale to figure out whats the HBA issue? could you please help us?

Siddalinga Aradhya HS
Occasional Visitor

Hi ,

What was the problem with HBA setup? we are facing the same issue and not bale to figure out whats the HBA issue? could you please help us?

thanks

Aradhya

juni123
Occasional Visitor

could you please tell us what did you do to resolve the issue
gnarliprime
Occasional Visitor

Sorry I didn't get back to this post since I posted the solved message.

Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact change, but I'd be happy to boot in to HBA to compare the differences between our configurations.

During that time I also had to remove my Fibre card and replace the CDROM before I could get it to boot from disk and install the OS.

Have you tested the CDROM itself as well?