1752815 Members
5935 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL380 G3 warm boot causes keyboard/mouse lockup

David Graham_3
Occasional Contributor

DL380 G3 warm boot causes keyboard/mouse lockup

This is weird. 4 new DL380 G3, each built the same (2 processors, 4 1G RAM modules, 4 18.2G 15000 RPM drives, Windows 2000 Server). 3 out of 4 will warm boot without issues. The fourth will lock out the keyboard and mouse on a warm boot but free it up on a cold boot. I have attempted reinstalls of the OS but always lock once the OS has reached the installed state. I followed one item on the web site about pressig F10, going into Advanced options, and monkeying around with the settings in there, but to no avail. Has anyone else run into this issue.
BTW - we are using a Cybex (Avocent) switch for all servers, but the issue also happened when connecting a keyboard and mouse locally. I also have pulled out all memory to see if that helps but it does not. Just like the ghost post earlier, I am at a loss. Any ideas where I can start?
2 REPLIES 2
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Re: DL380 G3 warm boot causes keyboard/mouse lockup

I would recommend disabling the ILO, to see if this is what's causing this. This looks like a system board problem.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Ian Harris_2

Re: DL380 G3 warm boot causes keyboard/mouse lockup

You are correct to disable the ILO then install BIOS 1.41 which contains a fix for this exact problem