1753777 Members
7755 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G4 Failure

Morne

DL380 G4 Failure

Last night i turned off my DL 380G4 to relocate it to another cabinet in out Data Center only to find that when i turned it on nothing happened.

The power kicks in the drives initialiaze to the point where all 6 drives are displaying a Solid green arrow and a solid green drum not a single flash asif the discs were reading and no output onto the display.

I reseated the memory and drives internal diagnostics show all indicators a green for Fans, CPU's PSU etc so i'm guessing Raid Controller failure or Mainboard failure.

When i remove the memory modules it does pick up that there is no memory and gives one long beep.

The application hosted was fairly critical so i took a chance and moved all 6 drives to another DL380 G4 and booted there and everything came back up fine but now the system that i took offline i need to get backup in the server which doesnt come up.

Any Ideas or work around ?

2 REPLIES 2
Matt Palmer_2
Respected Contributor

Hi,

have you reseated the PCI riser cage? I have had problems like this before, and it turned out to be this.

HTH

regards

Matt
Morne

Hi

Unfortunately when i pull out the Riser Card the machine doest even power up, as soon as i pull it out the Health Light on the front goes red, when i put it back it goes off again.