108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL380 G4 Internal error LED

SOLVED
Go to solution
Emcn29
Occasional Contributor

DL380 G4 Internal error LED

The Internal error LED on the front panel of the server is amber. Is there an alternative way or any software that can diagnose the fault without me having to physically open the server cover to check the system board LED's. Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Re: DL380 G4 Internal error LED

The system management homepage should show what is causing the problem. When you install the newer versions of the support pack it will put a shortcut to it on the desktop. You should also be able to get information by looking in the Integrated Management Log (Start Menu>HP System Tools).

I would say if the server is still running, but has this LED lit, then it's probably a correctable memory error.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Emcn29
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the info, the system management console shows no degraded parts or errors which is strange. The integrated management log also shows no failed components. Also the windows event log also shows no ptoblems. very wierd ?..
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor
Solution

If you have a thermal problem it may cause the internal health LED to come on and it won't go out without a reboot, even if the problem is corrected. This type of problem should show up in the IML though.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Emcn29
Occasional Contributor

Restarted Server and all apears to be ok. INternal health LED has retuned to the notmal/green state.
ILM monitor shows no reported issues but I'm happy the problem is cleared
Thanks !.

Emcn29
Occasional Contributor

Restared server cleared thermal error and retuned internal health LED to normal.