1751883 Members
5499 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G4 No POST

Dennis Rhine
Occasional Contributor

DL380 G4 No POST

I have a ProLiant DL380 G4 that has been running well for some time. However, this morning it was powered down and now will not POST. A network analyst changed the ILO switch (switch 1), tried to power the system up unsuccessfully, reset the switch, and tried again to power the system up. I get no error tones and all looks to be green on the internal an external LEDs.

Server hardware is a dual processor (3Ghz) with 4GB memory (4x1GB sticks). There are three 72GB SCSI drives.

I have tried reseating the memory, verified that all switches are in the OFF position, and checked to ensure that everything else appears to be properly seated. The lights are all green and the hard drives all spin up and have green lights on for both ready and 'In Use' and these never go out.

Any ideas as to what the next step is? Thanks in advance for your time.
4 REPLIES 4
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

how power supplies ,1 try it in other slot

if swap then in to each others slots if it then work you need a power supply backplane

do fans spin ,,,if not buy a power supply,,

if they do remove all drives and pci cards ram too

if it boots add 2 sticks ram only
them add parts one at atime and reboot

til you find the offender,

enjoy:)

This is how we thank in the forum

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33
Dennis Rhine
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the response.

The server has two power supplies and I have swapped them without change to the outcome. The server powers up and appears to start the posting process only to stop somewhere in the middle.

I have removed all memory and then got an error code (no memory). After adding back any two sticks the machine will power up, the fans all spin up, the hard drive all spin up, the diagnostic lights inside and out show green, but there are no post beep messages and the video never appears. Its all very strange.
cnb
Honored Contributor
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

can you access the ilo look in the iml log..post it here