108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL380 G4 - No Video / keyboard / mouse

SOLVED
Go to solution
FrankGonzalez

DL380 G4 - No Video / keyboard / mouse

Hi.

The trouble is that I have a Samsung TFT Monitor conected to the server, now it doesn't work, what can i do? the server is down and I'll like to install Win Srv STD 2003, the keyboard and mouse are wireless Microsoft

Any help ? thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

Re: DL380 G4 - No Video / keyboard / mouse

Have you thought of using iLO?
FrankGonzalez

Hi... thanks for your interest.... I'm looking for install de Win Server 2003 std ( new install ), but the video, mouse and keyboard doesnt work...

But I'd installed 1 Gb memory add, ( 2GB total ), but this make a damage to the memory ( the original ), I'd get out the old memory and install the new in the 1 and 2 socket, ( 512K each )and then its run ok.

The new question is ... can i use 1 GB add ( for 2GB ) in this model ?

Thanks a lot

Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

ablert is suggesting is alternate way to do it. that is also good. if you use default ilo address and use it.

where as for memory use this link which explains
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12028_div/12028_div.html#Memory

Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
FrankGonzalez

Hi.... I read the link, but i'll like to install a 1 GB add... can i configure four 512 kb dimm for slot 1 to 4 ?... any idea

Thank for you response

Frank
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi,

Few thing to remember here.
Memory need to be installed in pair.

Slot 1 2 3 4 5 6
512 512
512 512 1gb

I think it will work.
http://docs.hp.com/en/359214-005/359214-005.pdf
Refer page no 42

Prashant s.
Nothing is impossible
FrankGonzalez

Ok... I read the manual, but I have 4 ( 512Mb) dimms , and i push hem into de slot 1 to 4 ( like the configuration NO.1 ), the trouble is that the Error LED is on in the slot 4 now...

I'll have to replace it ?, is correct the configuration ? or any

Thanks a lot for your time

Frank
RaMpaNTe
Trusted Contributor

Using 4x 512 MB should work just fine, now that your are having this amber LED on the 4th slot, try to move that memory dimm to another slot and see what happens. Just remember to follow this:
* Install only PC2-3200 Registered DDR-2 SDRAM DIMMs, 1.8 volts, 72 bits wide, and ECC.

* DIMMs must be installed in pairs.

* DIMM pairs in a memory bank must have the same HP part numbers.

* Always populate the DIMMs in sequential order per bank: Bank A, Bank B, and then Bank C.

* Dual-rank DIMMs must be populated before single-rank DIMMs (see table below).

* If dual-rank DIMMs are installed in Bank A and Bank B, no additional DIMMs may be installed in Bank C

Frank, siempre y cuando la configuraci├Г┬│n mencianada arriba se respete el servidor debe ser capaz de trabajar bien, revisa que los n├Г┬║meros de parte sean todos los mismos o por lo menos que sea el mismo n├Г┬║mero de parte por banco y as├Г┬н no tendr├Г┬бs problemas. Revisa tambi├Г┬йn que no tengas m├Г┬│dulos de memoria mezclados y que todos sean PC2-3200
Saludos!!!

RaMpaNTe
You heve a question... I have an aswer!!!
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Where it is showing you the amber led move the same dim to another slot and check does it also move with the memory if yes then replace the memory.

If not then replace the MB

Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
FrankGonzalez

thanks for you interest

I restart the server and run via F9 de RBSU and check the configuration and now works ok.... if another situation occurs I let you know about it...

Thank a lot...