cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL380 G4 - Smart Array Controller 6i - ACU

K.Bush
Occasional Visitor

DL380 G4 - Smart Array Controller 6i - ACU

I have a DL380 G4 with 2 disks but only one is setup as RAID 0. The other drive is unassigned and I am wanting to setup a new array RAID 1+0 without having to make any changes to the existing disk. ACU looks to have the capability but the wizard to convert does not provide RAID 1+0 as an option.

Is anyone aware of and can provide some guidance about how to setup a RAID 1+0 array using the unconfigured disk without damaging the installation on the existing primary drive.
4 REPLIES
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Re: DL380 G4 - Smart Array Controller 6i - ACU

RAID 1+0 requires minimum 2 drives.

So the RAID 1+0 is not possible with just one drive.
K.Bush
Occasional Visitor

I have two drives, the extra one is not assigned. When the system was orginally built only a single drive was configured RAID 0, the other drive is unassigned.
ynotravid
Occasional Advisor

In the Array Config Util, you will need to select the array (probably 'Array A'); click 'Expand Array'; Select the new HDD; Then Select the logical drive (probably 'Logical Drive 1'); Click 'Migrate RAID/Stripe Size'.

You should then be able to select the RAID 1+0 option now that there are enough drives in the array.
TarunJain
Respected Contributor

Hi Bush,
May I know what are the options available to you in ACU?
The 2nd hard drive should be assigned to the Array then you should get the option to migrate logical drive to RAID 1 (1+0 in ACU).

The Array should be first extended though.