ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748089 Members
5130 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

DL380 G4 - Trouble Shooting without opening up the server?

br1anang
Occasional Advisor

DL380 G4 - Trouble Shooting without opening up the server?

Hello all,

I have a question regardin the DL380 G4 server. On the front of the system an Amber light came on. It reffered to the system health. After looking through the manual it mentioned that I should look in the system board and check the lights.

What I want to know is that is there a way where I can diagnosis where the problem is without opening the server and since I do not have physical access to the server I can only remote in. I know the amber light is on because I saw it when I was on site. I know in solaris I can use "prtdiag" "prtconf" is there a similar command? This server is running windows 2003 server 32 bit.

Thank you very much for your help.

brian ang

2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: DL380 G4 - Trouble Shooting without opening up the server?

I would first check ILO and SMH.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: DL380 G4 - Trouble Shooting without opening up the server?

You may also refer to the document “ProLiant DL380 G4 – LEDs” for information about the LED status. Refer section "System and Health LED Combinations"  for status and steps to perform:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/mostViewedDisplay/?sp4ts.oid=397634&spf_p.tpst=psiContentDisplay&spf_p.prp_psiContentDisplay=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c00357539-6%257CdocLocale%253Den_US&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo