8758 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G4 and Teaming issue

John Brines_2
Advisor

DL380 G4 and Teaming issue

Guys,

I have a DL380 G4. It was connected with one network card (which has 2 IP addresses). Once we got a Linksys SRW2048 switch we attempted to Team the 2 network cards. Once we teamed it and gave the teamed network adaptor the IP address of the original network adaptor we started having issues. We were unable to ping our default gateway thus we were unable to ping the the internet. It would ping the default gateway sometimes but most times it didn't. Once we un done the team it all worked fine.

Any ideas why?

John.
8 REPLIES 8
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Make sure you are using the latest firmware and drivers for the NC7782, and the latest Network Configuration utility.
There's many reports of problems with teaming software and there are continous updates of the drivers and the software.
Also, what kind of teaming have you created?
John Brines_2
Advisor

Hi There,

Not sure what you mean by "what kind of teaming have you created?"

I just took what the default was.

John.
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

It's possible that the previous ip configuration still is on the card if it was set to static and therefore it comes in conflict with the team virtual nic. So try to split the team and remove any existing ip configuration och the two physical networkcards and then try to team again. And as said above upgrade to the latest support pack..
John Brines_2
Advisor

Hi Mattias,

Thanks for that I will also make sure we have the correct firmware as we currently have the right drivers and software.

This server is the only server the site has so that make it the DNS sever and also the domain controller. Would you recommend Teaming a Domain Controller?

John.
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Hello :)

Which setting do you use for teaming? Is it the auto setting?

Try configuring it to "transmit load balancing" (TLB).

Regards,
John Brines_2
Advisor

Hi There,

Yes I am using auto. I will try what you suggested.

John.
John Brines_2
Advisor

Guys,

Found the answer on this thread

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1018395

Thanks for all the help.

John.
John Brines_2
Advisor