1745796 Members
3841 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL380 G4 fans very loud

kooterbrown

DL380 G4 fans very loud

Hi,

I bought a DL380 G4 and have installed win 2008, and esxi 4.0 in separate installs but no matter what OS I put on it, the fans are still very loud. I have the full fan configuration, but even when I take a few out and use the alternate fan config it is still loud. I have installed the agents and flashed the bios to the most up to date. Even the ESXI cd came with the management agents from HP. nothing works.

Can someone help me with this please? I am about to sell the server because it is too loud to have in the next room.

thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Steve McNutt
Occasional Advisor

Re: DL380 G4 fans very loud

It's probably too obvious to suggest, but it's not a temperature issue is it? Anything above 80F makes my fans blast even though the server temp is okay.
kooterbrown

No, it starts from when the server is cold and lasts forever. From power up is is loud.
Rcash_1
Advisor

Unfortunately I think that is the norm. We purchased 12 dl380 g4 brand new several years ago and the fans have been very load from the beginning. I have not found anything that allows them to run at a slower speed.
kooterbrown

I have other servers of the same model and they are much quieter. I'm guessing that it is just a issue with the board.

juan quesada
Respected Contributor

update the ILO firmware, driver and management driver
kooterbrown

I have. Still the same.