108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G4 hangs before entering BIOS

SOLVED
Go to solution

DL380 G4 hangs before entering BIOS

Hi all.

My server does not want to boot.
Ilo works. There are no error messages in the event log.

Help, please.
5 REPLIES 5
SURESHKUMAR.P
Advisor

Hi Alexander Gorshkov,

Coudl update the System BIOS/FIRMWARE and ILO FIRMWARE also and check the server status but still problem persisted, can you removed the I/O CORDS in the RISER board and check the server status.

The latest BIOS/FIRMWARE download ULR path is: http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/20_5561.html#2

If you want further discussion pls reply me.
Thanks and Regards
Suresh.P

Thanks for the answer. I could update ILO FIRMWARE only. RISER BOARD (PCI Riser Cage)
is empty (without expansion boards), so there no I/O CORDS (internal or external cables). Server does not work without Pci Riser Cage. Situation didn't change. DL380 G4 hangs before entering BIOS.

Before this System Administrator tried to install WinNT on this server but failed. And decided to change BIOS parameters. He
configured the next: MPS Table Mode=disabled, Processor Hyper-Threading=disabled, Virtual Install Disk=disabled, No-Execute Memory Protection=enabled.

And after that server can't to boot.
How Can I define initial (default) BIOS data ?
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor
Solution

Win NT 4? Not supported by Server for install ├в it will fail
Default Settings - enable switch #6 at maintenance box (there will be small box in front of CPU) (Battery removal might be needed)
Disconnect every HDD; BBWC if used, reset case accelerators bellow Riser Cage, reset all SCSI/IDE connectors to backplane
Use single CPU and minimum Memory
If Problem Exist you might have system board problem

KOV, thanks! All what to do is clearing nvram. It works!

Some BIOS Settings caused server hanging
like hardware problem. Clearing Nvram solved it.