5199 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G4 not recognizing disk array

Lyle De Groot_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi Anders

Nope, the RIS server we have is a Win 2000 version.

Make sure that you REMOVE the line, not only comment out the cpqcissm.dll line from the txtsetup.oem file. I tried commenting it out but found out later that you have you actually have to remove the complete line for it to work properly.

If you use the above procedure, be sure to add most up to date above mentioned DLL into you the \$oem$\$$\OEMDIR\ Directory, and restart the BINL service for the changes to take effect..

Hope this helps

Sean Cox_2

I have a DL380 G4 that I can not get a RIS screen to come up. Everytime I do a PXE boot I get the DHCP address just fine but when I hit F12 to start the RIS the screen is black for a couple seconds then it reboots. I had another problem with a hang during the reboot process that has been since resolved but I still have the same problems with RIS...any thoughts. This thread sounds similar to my problem but changing the IRQ from the default of '5' to the only other value of '7' doesn't seem to have fixed my issue. Is there something else I need to do or did I miss read? Any help would be appreciated since I can't deploy this server until I get this fixed since our server deployment policy is based on using RIS.

Thanks in advance,

Sean
Lyle De Groot_1
Occasional Advisor

Sean

Make sure you change the IRQ on the 1st NIC ONLY and that both NIC's have have been patched into the LAN.

When I first changed the NIC the settings for some strange reason it did not take. I had to do it a second time...

Also, make sure there are NO other devices that have the same IRQ. The only solution that has worked for me and others is this resolution. After that guess HP support is a phone call away, although when I did call them here in Australia they were not aware of the IRQ fix...

Also, make sure the BIOS is the most up to date..

Hope you get there!

Sean Cox_2

I took your original post as saying to change the IRQ on the 6I but with your clarification I changed the IRQ on the NIC and it works fine. Though I find this fix to be odd especially with HP not knowing about it. Either way I appreciate your help.

Thanks again,

Sean
Lyle De Groot_1
Occasional Advisor

I think it is more a work around at the moment. I reckon they will be releasing a newer version of the BIOS sooner than you think. Just glad you have the machine working..

Cheers
Anders Munk
Occasional Advisor

Hello again.

Its pretty frustrating, i have tried all solutions availble but im still in the problem with the disk that cant be regonized.

can you please confirm that the structure of the image should look like this?:

\$oem$
--\$1
--\$$
------\OEMDIR
--\Textmode

The textsetup.oem looks like this:

[Disks]
d1 = "Smart Array 5x and 6x Driver Diskette",\TXTSETUP.OEM,\

[Defaults]
SCSI = B060

[SCSI]
B060 = "Smart Array 5300 Controller"
B178 = "Smart Array 5i, 532, 5312 Controllers"
0046 = "Smart Array 6i, 641, 642, 6400, 6400EM Controllers"

[Files.scsi.B060]
driver = d1,cpqcissm.sys,cpqcissm
inf = d1,cpqcissm.inf
catalog = d1,cpqcissm.cat

[Files.scsi.B178]
inf = d1,cpqcissm.inf

[Files.scsi.0046]
inf = d1,cpqcissm.inf

[Config.cpqcissm]
value = "",tag,REG_DWORD,103
value = Parameters\PnpInterface,5,REG_DWORD,1
value = Parameters\Device,NumberOfRequests,REG_DWORD,80

[HardwareIds.scsi.B060]
id = "PCI\VEN_0E11&DEV_B060","cpqcissm"

[HardwareIds.scsi.B178]
id = "PCI\VEN_0E11&DEV_B178","cpqcissm"

[HardwareIds.scsi.0046]
id = "PCI\VEN_0E11&DEV_0046","cpqcissm"

I assume that the problem in this forum is concerning the installation af an image on a windows 2003 server.

Thanks in advance..... Merry christmas and a happy newyear.. :O)
shane_62
Occasional Advisor

Were you able to figure this out? I am having the same problem with 2003
Anders Munk
Occasional Advisor

Hi Shane.

No i havent found any solution yet but i am considering upgrading the RIS installation to 2003 to see if that helps.
shane_62
Occasional Advisor

I am currently using 2k3 RIS, and it still doesnt work :(

Is there anyone here that has been successful in ris and the G4's?

Please let me know if you figure it out... and I will let you know if i ever figure it out :)

Wes_15

I was finally able to get it to work for W2003 on our DL380 G4 by adding this line to txtsetup.sif file on the RIS image, in the [HardwareIdsDatabase] section. I got my clue from this:

http://wug.lutteman.se/articles/ris-add-storage.htm#Compaq_Smart_Array_53xx-series_using_TXTSETUP.SIF