7165 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

DL380 G4 with U320 single channel HBA and Ultrium 448 tape drive external

steveb_1
Occasional Contributor

DL380 G4 with U320 single channel HBA and Ultrium 448 tape drive external

Hi,

I'm having some issues with a DL380 G4 with 6 drives in RAID running off the smart array controller 6i, as well as a U320 single channel G2 SCSI HBA connected to the PCI-x 133Mhz slot on the motherboard and an Ultrium 448 tape drive connected externally to that.

The server is Win 2k server and all drivers are up to date for the relevant hardware. Windows recognises the scsi card and tape drive, but L&TT(v4 SR2) fails when trying to update firmware with a new firmware file, it gives an error when you open the program most of the time that the drive is operating in 'boot code' and firmware should be upgraded, and all of the tests fail when trying to pass data along the scsi bus. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've already tried uninstalling the scsi card and tape drive and reinstalling, and moving the card to a different pci-x port.

Thanks
Steve

p.s. the server came with the smart array 6i in simplex mode and connected to internal scsi port 1 on the motherboard, I've connected the scsi cable from our single channel G2 scsi card to port 0 on the motherboard.
1 REPLY 1
Bruno Mesquita_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: DL380 G4 with U320 single channel HBA and Ultrium 448 tape drive external