cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL380 G4 wont start

P. Allen
Occasional Visitor

DL380 G4 wont start

When the server is powered up the fans and LED's start for about 1 sec then stop and the health LED on the front lights.
From my understand this indicted PSU fault so I replaced the PSU but it is still the same.
To get it to try again I have to remove the PSU and then reinsert it.

I have tried reseating everything etc.

Any clues appreciated.

Regards,

Peter Allen

5 REPLIES
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: DL380 G4 wont start

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00687567/c00687567.pdf

The "Diagnostic Tools" chapter may have some information about the status LEDs outside and inside the server.
TTr
Honored Contributor

Actually it is the "Component Identification" section that has all the LED status lights and explanations.
P. Allen
Occasional Visitor

I have looked at that however the LEDs just flash for a second and then go out (Inside case).
The only one to stay on is the Health LED on the front.
Its as though it starts for a second and is then shut down by the fault.

Regards,

Peter Allen
TTr
Honored Contributor

That's odd. Do you know that the replacement PSU is good? Without any activity or status lights there is not much that can be done.
P. Allen
Occasional Visitor

Assume it is good as it just came from HP spares.
The only other clue I have is that the green led on the PSU never lights up at all, the manual is somewhat vague on this point.
When the power cord is plugged in the PSU fan runs and as soon as you press the front panel power button all the leds inside flash as the fans start then everything stops and you have to pull out the power cord if you want to try again.

Regards,

Peter Allen