ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL380 G5 BBWC cable routing

DL380 G5 BBWC cable routing

I have a "standard" DL380 G5 that had the 256 MB integrated Smart Array installed in slot 3.  I had a need to expand an array beyond the 4 drives that I had initially used so I added the BBWC.  My particular cable was only the shorter 12" version, so I just laid the battery in the chassis pan and got past my initial issue with array expansion.

Now, I would like to "fix" my issue and place the battery where it's supposed to go.  I have a part number for the longer 24" cable...that's no problem, but there does not appear to be a logical way to route the cable out of the riser area over to the battery "tray" (for lack of a better description)..  The only diagram I could find regarding this shows the Smart Array card installed in slot 1 which has a "clear shot" to the battery tray since it is NOT in the riser section.  My Smart Array has a full size slot bracket attached, so it will not fit in either slot 1 or 2.

This seems like such a simple thing...but the solution escapes me...any ideas?  What is the "real" way to solve this issue?