ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752794 Members
5885 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G5 - CPU board 255 degrees?

Paul2009

DL380 G5 - CPU board 255 degrees?

The HP System Management Homepage on a DL380 G5 thinks that the four CPU board sensors are registering 255 degrees celcius!

This clearly isn't the case. When the server is powered off overnight, it reads the same when it is powered back up.

How can I clear this up so I don't get any more temperature threshhold alerts?
7 REPLIES 7
Alvaro Espinoza
Advisor

Hi Paul,

These are your options.

1. Install the latest Bios for the server.

2. Install the latest version of the PSP 8.20.

3. Clear the NVRAM in the server just in case.

4. Open a call with HP and get the system board replaced.

Best Regards!
Alvaro Espinoza
Advisor

I forgot... only use step number 4 if none of the solutions described didn't work.

:)
mscarrick
Occasional Advisor

Hello.

Did you manage to fix this isse? I have the problem and have applied number 1 and 2 of the suggested fixes.

TIA
tlopes

Hi all, any update on this? I'm having the issue with the SMH reporting Degraded CPU Temperature on a DL380 G5. Interesting that it shows as 255 C, but ILO shows -1 C. Seems obvious that the counter is an null. My other DL380 G5 has the exact same config but CPU temperature reports correctly.

Both servers have the latest BIOS 7-10-09 and ILO at 1.79. Do I really need to replace the system board to resolve this?

Thanks,
Tony
volrath
Visitor

I have recently set up a monitoring system and came across the same issue. Has anyone found a solution for this issue yet? Thanks in advance!

Remo Brigger
Occasional Visitor

Hello all

We also got this issue on a DL380 G5 after replacing an accelerator batterie pack.

Any news?

Thanks and Regards

waaronb
Respected Contributor

It seems like a bad temp sensor and it's just reading 0xFF (255 degrees), or -1 degrees if the program reading it treats it as a signed byte.