ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753943 Members
8746 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL380 G5 - Cant find harddisk to boot from. (Although windows copied the install files there)

RoelandPrins

DL380 G5 - Cant find harddisk to boot from. (Although windows copied the install files there)

Dear Forum members,

I have a problem wioth a DL380 G5 where I want to install winser 2003 r2 on.

When I insert the windows cd , it boots from it and starts the normal setup procedure... (making partitions and copying files) After this , the server reboots. (and i remove cd)

Normally , it will see the files installed on C , and continu the setup. However , it doesnt see anything. It goes thru its options... ; attempting to boot from cd-rom , attempting to boot from usb , attempting to boot from harddisk , attempting to boot from NIC ...

It however cant boot. When checking all the files on de c-drive I can see them...

I tried using the hp smartstart cd , smae problem , it installs the whole thing , but when server reboots it cant find the installed/cpoied files ...

Can anybody help in this or has anyone experienced this before?

Help is very much appriciated.

Kind Regards,

Roeland.
6 REPLIES 6
RoelandPrins

Re: DL380 G5 - Cant find harddisk to boot from. (Although windows copied the install files there)

P.S.

I tried removing all logical drive , and making them again.

2 disks for a raid 0-1 , Logical disk 1
3 disk in a raid-5 , logical disk 2

It detects theses disks. No erros. Even the windows setup lets me chosse a partition to format before copying files.. (ntfs , quick is what i choose then)

grts , Roeland.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: DL380 G5 - Cant find harddisk to boot from. (Although windows copied the install files there)

Hey!

What is the boot order and controller boot order in BIOS?
RoelandPrins

I deleted logical drives again , and made only 1 raid 1-0 drive with the 2 disks in bay 1 and 2 ..

Windows now only see's the 1 disk , and is copiying files now.. the boot order as i can remeber , but have to check when windows is done , is

CD-ROM , USB , HDD , NIC. In that order.. when it passes the Attempting to boot from HDD , it goes on to Attempting to boot from NIC , as it appears to find nothing...

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

OK.

But go in there and look at the controller boot order as well.
RoelandPrins

Its working! The problem was the disk in bay 1. ( i think)

I moved the disks around (bay 1 and bay 4) and only used bay 1 and 2 to make 1 logical disk... hopelfully when making the second logical disk with the other 3 disks (bay 3, 4, 5) in raid 5 configuration , it keeps working...

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Strange!

Hope it does work :)