4959 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL380 G5 Chipset driver

Joshua Small_2
Valued Contributor

DL380 G5 Chipset driver

Hi,

In the course of trying to diagnose a STOP error (see other thread), I wanted to ensure everything driver-wise is managed. I recently applied PSP 7.8.

I have opened my Version Control Agent and noted something odd. The "Intel Chipset Support for ProLiant Servers for Windows Server 2003" is listed as having version 6.1.0.1008 installed, whilst the Reference support pack, which had been installed, includes 7.0.0.0. This is listed as my only "not current" install.

I tried installing it manually, by running cp007357.exe, and was informed it was not supported by the hardware. It did however state "is currently installed".

So either

1. It is supported, and there's something wrong with the install.
2. The software shouldn't be there.

I called HP to try and ask this question, and was assured the situation was the "number 2" option, and should be removed.

The HP tech assured me that I should delete the above mentioned file from my Version Control Repository to resolve it.

I informed him that deleting the installer won't actually uninstall the driver, and he assured me I was wrong and wouldn't discuss anything else.

After an hour of going around in a circle I hung up.

Can anyone advise, how I remove this software, assuming it's not mean to be there?

It does NOT show up in add/remove programs.
6 REPLIES 6
Joshua Small_2
Valued Contributor

Re: DL380 G5 Chipset driver

Further to this..

I extracted the cp07357,exe file, and searched my hard drive for any of the files contained.
None were found- so I assume this is a reporting error on behalf of the version control agent, to suggest it's already installed.

Any idea how to remove it, or where it stores this info?
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Funny thins is when you look at the complet list of driver..i look in Windows 2003..nothing about this item, what version of VCA do you have on this server?
========================================
Logon with administrative privileges.
Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
Click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
Click the + sign in front of the System devices category.
Double-click <>
Click the Driver tab.
Click Uninstall.
When prompted, click OK.
=========================================
Joshua Small_2
Valued Contributor

Hi Daniel,

I'm not in front of the server in question right now to check- but the version control agent reported itself as the latest version.

I tried roughly what you suggested but was never able to find a device that appeared to use the driver.

I searched the C:\Windows folder for any file contained in the chipset (you'd expect a driver to be in c:\windows\system32\drivers\ if it actually installed) and didn't find them.

I'm sure this is a reporting error of some sort.

Today I expanded my search, searching the entire server for any file contained within the extracted archive.
I found the XML file in C:\CPQSYSTEM, and nothing else. I deleted it, and it seems to have resolved the issue. Looks like an older PSP tried to install it, despite not being supported, and got halfway or something.
Arian van der Pijl
Regular Advisor

I found out that installing the Official Intel Chipset driver the device manager shows more descriptive 'System devices' than with the HP Chipset driver only.
http://downloadcenter.intel.
com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=N&ProductID=&DwnldID=13326&strOSs=OSFullName=тМй=eng

I think this Intel chipset driver would complement a PSP and maybe you could give it a try.

Regards,
Arian
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Please see the following thread. There may be an issue with the VCA in PSP 7.80.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1128913
Doug Hafley
Occasional Advisor

I'm having the same problem on every single one of my DL360's with this driver. I've resigned myself to just ignoring the yellow on them until HP comes up with a solution. I've tried deleting out the discovery folder and that appears to work on a lot of my machines for other problems, but this one is a VCA problem. I'm hoping HP will fix this soon. I always feel a little worried about drivers that are listed as .0.0.0