4829 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL380 G5 Enable Port 85 debug

K4ngoo
Occasional Collector

DL380 G5 Enable Port 85 debug

Hello Everyone,

My server (DL380 G5) is unable to display and pass POST : no VGA display and fan spinning at maximum.

I've read a lot of threads on this forum and the troubleshooting guides, tried to boot with minimal RAM and no disk, ...without success.

About the port 84/85/iLo, it starts displaying things on iLo boot (after plugging the power cable). It then stays with led 7 and 8 bliking at different frequencies.
But when I start the server, these two leds shut down and stay black. Does it means it cannot find the error?

Also, in the Troubleshooting Guide, there is this sentence :

IMPORTANT: Be sure the port 84/85 switch is set to display port 85 codes.

What does it means? Is there a switch to flip somewhere? Because I haven't seen anything in the guides I've read.

Any idea?

Regards,

Alex

5 REPLIES 5
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

If you have access to iLO2, try this.

Log into iLO2 and replace the last part of the URL /ie_index.htm with /dromstuf.htm

Turn on the server and keep refreshing this page and check if you get any P84/85 codes.

Hi Oscar,

Unfortunately, I don't have access to iLO 2. I'll try to erase the config with the maintenance switch #6. It should reset iLO network config (going back to DHCP and default login/password).

Regards,

Alex

K4ngoo
Occasional Collector

Hi Oscar,

I finnaly got my hand on iLO, as Administrator, but your page shows no P84 code : "Empty. Host must be booted to populate". But the host IS booted...

Maybe someone have already seen it : in the iLO Power Mgmt, I can start the server. But after that, iLO keeps saying "Server is currently in STANDBY (OFF)" or "Data is not updated while server is off"

It's like iLO cannot see the server started...

I hope someone could help.

Regards,

Alex

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

It means the ROM hasn't has the chance to start writing P84 codes.  Have you tried a new Processor?

Not yet... I need to find a new one. I thought that iLo would tell if any hardware was broken or unresponsive.

I'll search for another one.

Thank you